Posted: January 12, 2022
Call for Nominations for Solar Heating or Cooling projects working to reduce energy consumption and costs in social housing
The SHC Solar Award of the IEA Solar Heating and Cooling Programme (IEA SHC) celebrates the success of those working to increase the market impact of solar heating and cooling technologies.
This year’s recipient will have demonstrated substantial achievement and measurable impact from a program or project executed in the last 5 years to support solar heating and cooling to reduce the costs and environmental impact of maintaining or increasing comfort in social housing.
Nominations may be for an individual or organization responsible for implementing a program or project that provided comfortable and cost-efficient living conditions in affordable housing for financially vulnerable people by utilizing solar heating, cooling and/or daylighting technologies. The nomination may be from a nonprofit, municipal, regional, provincial/state or national entity, or an associated entity (e.g., developer, architect, builder).
Nominating an individual or organization is easy with our online form -- just click the button below.
Selection Process & Award Ceremony
The nomination may be from a nonprofit, municipal, regional, provincial or national entity, or an associated entity (e.g., developer, architect, builder).
The winner will be selected and all the nominees notified by July 2022.
- An international panel of judges from the IEA Solar Heating and Cooling Programme will review the nominations and select the winner. The top five nominations will be recognized on the IEA SHC website.
- Effectiveness of the solar heating and cooling project to reduce the costs and environmental impact of maintaining or increasing comfort in social housing.
- Measurable project impact in terms of conventional energy savings and CO2 reduction.
- Effective promotion as an exemplary project to encourage duplication.
The 2022 Award will be presented during the EuroSun 2022 conference in Kassel, Germany on September 26-29. The award recipient will receive free conference registration and a travel stipend.
To learn more and see the past winners visit,
About the International Energy Agency's Solar Heating and Cooling Programme (IEA SHC)
- IEA SHC was established in 1977.www.iea-shc.org
- Its objectives are co-operative research, development, demonstration, and exchange of information regarding solar heating and cooling systems.
- 20 countries, the European Commission and five organizations are IEA SHC members.
- Additional information:
Pam Murphy, email@example.com